Lobster casserole is a delectable dish that is surprisingly easy to prepare. A basic roux of butter, milk, and flour is combined with flavorful mushrooms and Swiss cheese, making a hearty and creamy base for tender lobster meat and hearty bread. Use ingredients from your pantry and leftover lobster meat for a truly inspired meal any day of the week.
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 3 Tbsp flour
- ¾ tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 c. milk
- 3 c. mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ c. shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 c. cooked lobster meat, diced
- 2 c. bread, cubed
- ½ c. bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease casserole dish and set aside.
- Melt 3 Tbsp of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until combined. Add mustard powder, salt, and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly whisk in milk, and bring to a simmer. Whisk until creamy and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add mushrooms and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Fold in lobster meat and bread cubes, making sure mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish. Mix bread crumbs with remaining butter and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake until crumbs have browned and casserole is set, approximately 30 minutes. serve hot.
|2 cups||about 473ml (473.18 milliliters based on 236.59 milliliters in a US cup)|
|3 cups||about 710ml (709.77 milliliters based on 236.59 milliliters in a US cup)|
|¼ cup||about 59ml (59.1475 milliliters based on 236.59 milliliters in a US cup)|
|½ cup||about 118ml (118.295 milliliters based on 236.59 milliliters in a US cup)|