Lobster Pie is a renowned dish known for its delectable blend of lobster, creamy sauce, and a buttery crust. It has gained fame in New England, where seafood holds a special place. No need to wait for a restaurant enjoy this delicious recipe. You can make it at your home. You would not believe it’s a simple and fun loving recipe. If you’re eager to try your hand at cooking this delightful dish, I can share a detailed and easy-to-follow recipe with you. Lets start this recipie.
- 1 cup of lobster, well packed.
- ¾ cup of milk.
- ¼ cup of sherry.
- 3 tablespoons and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 1 tablespoon of flour.
- 2 egg yolks.
- Add the sherry to 2 tablespoons of melted butter and boil for 1 minute.
- Add the lobster and allow to stand.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter, then add the flour and stir until it bubbles.
- Remove from heat, slowly stir in cream and sherry drained from the lobster.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly until sauce is smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat the sauce in top of a double boiler over hot but not boiling water.
- Stir constantly while heating for around 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then add lobster.
- Turn into small deep pie plate.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake at 300°F (150°C) for 10 minutes.
What to serve with lobster pie recipie
Here are some options to serve with lobster pie. You can serve lobster pie with these sides to create a well rounded and delicious meal. These options complement the flavours of lobster pie and enhance your dinning experience.
- Roasted potatoes
- Steamed vegetables
- Fresh green salad
- Crusty bread
- 1 Cup = about 237ml (236.59 milliliters based on 236.59 milliliters in a US cup)
- ¾ Cup = about 177ml (177.4425 milliliters based on 236.59 milliliters in a US cup)
- ¼ Cup = about 59ml (59.1475 milliliters based on 236.59 milliliters in a US cup)
- 150°C = 300°F / Gas Mark 2