Cream of Scallop Soup: Velvety and rich, this soup features tender bay scallops simmered in a creamy broth with aromatic herbs, vegetables, and a touch of white wine. It’s a delightful starter or main course, brimming with the delicate flavors of the sea. Garnish with fresh parsley or chives for an elegant touch.
- 2 lbs of scallops, cut into ¼-inch pieces.
- ½ bay leaf.
- 4 cups of milk.
- 5 tablespoons of butter.
- 5 tablespoons of flour.
- 2 tablespoons of onion, finely chopped.
- 1 ½ tablespoons of chopped fresh dill.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped onion and cook for around 5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the flour and cook over low heat for around 2 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, bay leaf and 1 cup of scallops, then allow to simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Add the rest of the scallops, 1 tablespoon of the dill, salt and pepper.
- Heat for around 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the remaining dill over top of the soup, then serve as desired.