Easy Breaded Scallops: Plump sea scallops coated in a simple breadcrumb mixture seasoned with salt, pepper, and a hint of paprika. Pan-fried until golden and crispy, these succulent scallops are a quick and delicious seafood treat perfect for any meal.
- 32 bay scallops or 16 ocean scallops.
- 1 ½ cups of breadcrumbs.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten.
- Flour, for dredging.
- Oil, for deep frying.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Lemon wedges, for garnishing.
- If using ocean scallops, cut in half; if sea scallops, leave whole.
- Season the scallops to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Dredge in the flour and coat with the beaten egg.
- Dredge in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry for about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon.
- Serve as desired.