- You’re in for a real treat with our King Crab! Our crabs are shipped directly from live tanks on the West Coast, so you can be sure that you’re getting the freshest and highest quality crab possible.
- The legs and claws of a 7-8 pound crab yield 2 pounds of delicious coral-streaked crabmeat, making it the perfect addition to any meal.
- We take great care to manage the harvest of this scarce crab in order to preserve this natural resource for future generations.
- While King Crab Legs are definitely a treat, you’ll never experience the peak of crab deliciousness until you’ve cooked live King Crab.
- We do our best to keep the crabs alive in transit, but we cannot guarantee live delivery.
- 4-6 Servings in a 8 lb live king crab.
- However, if you cook the crabs within 24 hours of receiving them, they’ll still be perfectly fine to eat and you won’t be able to tell the difference.
- Wild-caught and chosen for taste, texture, and quality
- Order your King Crab today and experience the delicious taste of fresh, high-quality crab in your own home!
How do I cook a live King Crab?
Cooking a live King Crab is fairly straightforward. You can boil, steam, or bake it. Here’s a simple method: Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt and any desired seasonings, then carefully lower the live crab into the water. Boil for about 10-12 minutes per pound. Once cooked, let it cool slightly before cracking and enjoying the delicious meat inside.
How can I tell if the King Crab is fresh?
Freshness can be determined by several factors. Look for lively movement in the crab’s legs and claws, a strong ocean smell, and vibrant coloration. Fresh crab should also feel heavy for its size and have firm, unbroken shells.
How many servings does an 8 lb live King Crab provide?
An 8 lb live King Crab typically yields around 4-6 servings, depending on portion sizes and appetites.
Can I freeze the King Crab if I don't use it all at once?
Yes, you can freeze cooked King Crab for later consumption. Ensure it’s properly wrapped to prevent freezer burn, and use within a few months for the best quality.
Are there any special tools I need to crack open the King Crab?
While specialized crab crackers can make the task easier, you can also use kitchen shears, nutcrackers, or even a hammer wrapped in a towel to crack open the shells.
How long can I keep a live King Crab before cooking it?
It’s best to cook the live King Crab as soon as possible after receiving it. However, if kept refrigerated, it can remain alive for a day or two before cooking without sacrificing quality.
Is there a difference in taste between live and pre-cooked King Crab?
Some connoisseurs argue that cooking a crab live preserves its natural flavors better, resulting in a slightly sweeter and fresher taste compared to pre-cooked crab. However, both options can be delicious when prepared properly.
Can I order live King Crab for delivery?
Yes, we ship live King Crab directly from our tanks on the West Coast to ensure maximum freshness. However, please note that while we take great care to keep the crabs alive in transit, we cannot guarantee live delivery.