Prepare to embark on a culinary delight with our crab-stuffed halibut! Imagine savoring the delightful combination of fish and crab cake, as the moist halibut envelops and enhances the flavors of the succulent crab meat. It’s like a symphony of oceanic sensations that will leave you craving more! We’re absolutely smitten with this crab meat recipe and we can’t wait for you to try it and share the love with others!
- 4 halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lump crab meat, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, chopped parsley, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Lay the halibut fillets flat on a cutting board or a clean surface. Spread a generous amount of the crab mixture evenly over each fillet.
- Starting from one end, roll each fillet up tightly, securing it with toothpicks if necessary. Place the stuffed halibut rolls in a baking dish.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the stuffed halibut rolls to prevent them from sticking to the baking dish.
- Bake the stuffed halibut in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Once cooked, remove the toothpicks if used and serve the crab stuffed halibut hot. You can garnish it with additional chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
Enjoy your delicious crab stuffed halibut! It pairs well with a side of roasted vegetables or a fresh salad.
Here are some precautions to keep in mind when making crab-stuffed halibut:
- Be careful not to overstuff the halibut fillets, as it may cause them to break apart during cooking.
- Use caution when handling toothpicks, if you choose to secure the rolls, to avoid any accidents while eating.
- Ensure that the crab meat is fresh and properly cooked before using it in the stuffing.
- Be mindful of the oven temperature and cooking time to prevent overcooking the fish.
Enjoy your crab stuffed halibut while keeping these precautions in mind!