Lobster Bisque is a classic and delicious recipe that will make any meal memorable. This chunky cream-based stew is rich and delicious, but surprisingly simple to make. Tender lobster meat is simmered in a creamy flavorful broth; the result is a decadent chowder that goes well with white wine and homemade bread.
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 c. milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb lobster meat, cooked and cubed
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a small frying pan, combine ¼ c. chicken broth, and onion. Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until translucent and aromatic.
- In a medium sized pot, melted butter. Slowly whisk in flour until creamy and combined.
- Slowly add remaining broth, whisking constantly until creamy and dissolved. Whisk in milk, salt, onion, and lobster meat until combined.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper.
- Heat until soup is almost boiling, and serve hot.
- 1 cup about 237ml (236.59 milliliters based on 236.59 milliliters in a US cup)
- 2 cups about 473ml (473.18 milliliters based on 236.59 milliliters in a US cup)
- 1 lb about 454g (453.59 grams based on 453.59 grams in a pound)